View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 12:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbobby21 View Post
When you are only 18 years old, you are expected by society to be doing certain things with your life. Graduating high school, going to college or starting your career. In general you are expected to be progressing in life and accomplishing things. To take time to slow down at that age makes everyone think less of you. people will think you are lazy and going nowhere in life. Its not like he does not want to take the time to heal, rather its the fear of getting left behind in life if he does. (At least it was for me)
This is exactly how I feel. My condition has been changing lately, I've been feeling more dizziness, memory issues, migraines, and brain fog. It's very hard for me to think of words sometimes. My ears ring 24/7. My memory issues are bad, I'm very forgetful and I don't really think of old memorys in general, If someone mentions it to me, I'll usually remember it. But if no one says anything about an old memory, it's like I don't have the ability to retrieve it. I just hope I get better, I've been resting since I've gotten home, in hopes that I'll get better one day. It's crazy, there were so many things I took for granted when I wasn't dealing with PCS. I'm forced to live life so slow now, and it's hard for people to understand this as I've had ADHD and focusing problems my whole life. I'm a naturally energetic kid. I know I most likely won't ever be who I was before, but as long as I heal enough to be able to work out and jump around and just remember things to a decent degree, I'll be satisfied. It's time for me to just realize I won't be as intelligent, energetic, and witty as I used to be, but I think I'm okay with that.
kerningz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote