View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Becca glad to hear you're making some positive progress. I was really lucky during my recovery process that my family was able to give me a lot of time to dedicate towards rehab. The alternative was my wife and kids watching me waste away in front of them while I lost the ability to walk and work and sleep.

An 8 hour a day pain program is a big commitment but if you believe that - or anything else- would be your current best shot at getting back to a more functional painfree life for your family - it's ok to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

You're probably the backbone of your family - and it is hard to imagine the thought of putting anything more on them - but think about what your recovery and happiness would mean to them in the long term. What feels selfish up front may be selfless as far as RSD goes.

I know there's money and time and relationships all tied up in this condition and your situation is totally unique and individual to you. Just hoping to share an additional viewpoint that may or may not help. All the best.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (05-18-2016)