View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraBean View Post
Hi
I have 2 sons whom past away, 1 in Oct 2010 & 1 in Feb 2013. They were both 36 when they died. I am divorced & me & my ex each paid for a sons funeral & each were cremated. Both my sons *did not* get along with their father at all.
I have both of their ashes & I'd like to have them buried in my family cemetary plot, which is about 150 miles away from him. I am not sure what my options are; do me & my ex have to agree on a cemetary or can I place the ashes in my family plot & tell my ex where they are; should I offer my ex half of the ashes? I plan on having a small family memorial service without my ex. I thought once I placed my sons' ashes & have the memorial service then, he can have his own memorial service (If he wishes). Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.
I am so so sorry to hear about your sons passings.

I lost my husband of 35 years 8 1\2 months ago and he was cremated. I still have his ashes as I have been unable to bring myself to bury them in our family plot. He was only 58.

I have no idea if there is any legal issue here about the ashes but I think I would offer him half of each if he wants them. If u do then I don't think u will ever 2nd guess yourself in the future. Just my thoughts.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BarbaraBean (05-18-2016), eva5667faliure (05-30-2016), ger715 (05-18-2016)