View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Doydie, It's okay, your kids and grandkids will be fine at that church. I know it's not one that you would chose but as long as they are happy that's what really counts.

We happen to belong to a church that sounds a little like what your describing, some differences.....we have a worship band (it rocks the rafters of the building) and anyone can sing along. There are some who come to take a look at what this church is about some remain and some move on......all are welcome.

This church is non-denominational. It's known as the church that doesn't look like a church.....it's just an old building in the old part of "downtown." This is a small church but large with very kind people.

I know many still like the original type churches but what brings many young people to God, to church is the change to casual and the music.

Music is what most young people (and some old) are into. If you have never experienced or heard of "Aquire the fire" then it's hard for me to explain. Churches and organizations such as "Battle Cry" are reaching out to kids and making a difference.

I am okay with the changes some of these churches are making.....the younger generation is wanting to go to church and like you kids they are getting involved......that's a really good thing.

Christian music now encomposus (sp) different music genres......Rap, metal, rock ect.