View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default How do I turn wi fi back on?

Well I really did it this time. Right now I am on Kindle Fire. My Dell Inspiron Laptop has been acting up (choppy. Slow videos, etc.) So I went online, got what I thought was a Dell support person, we did remote hosting, she was showing me all corrupted files and stuff, she told me my graphics card was corrupted, she knew her stuff. I then asked her if she could fix my computer and she said , it eill be a one time fee of $99.00. I politely declined and she said no problem. I then tried to go online and my wi fi is not on. I phoned back Dell who had no record. It seems that my first call was to a tech support line and not Dell.

This guy now tells me to press the FN and the F2 buttons to turn wi fi back on. Did not work, i have tried. He then said whoever I spoke to unistalled my wireless drivers. He cant help me. I Want to do a complete factory reinstall to make it like new. I dont know how to do it. I press the F11 key to get to that screen. No luck. So if anyone knows either how to turn on wifi on a Dell Inspiron E1705 or show me how to do a complete factory reinstall. I would so appreciate it. Please help me. Dell cant

Thanks much, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote