View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeneu View Post
Thanks Jomar,
That was a helpful link. I think it explains some of the pain I am experiencing. The thoracic nerve passes btw. The first rib and clavicle which would definitely be affected by the surgery.
I do have long-standing winging and my next f/u with the surgeon is next week. Thanks for your reply.
So, 2 months in post op and crappy news...I think. All preop symptoms are back!!!! Lateral neck pain, numbness and tingling, discolouration of my hand, decreased temperature of my hand and ring finger pain. So frustrating...the neuritis behind the scapula has settled but numbness in my axilla remains. The physiatrist said continue PT, massage to break down scalenes, and continue trying to strengthen. My strength is now back to where I was at the pre-op stage. I'm told that it's most likely scar tissue formation. I have no regrets though, b/C if I had opted out I would have never known if recovery from this annoying syndrome would have been possible. Any support or advice would be sooooooo appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Can you look in a mirror or have someone check your scapula for signs of possible winging? I think a rare few did have winging post op..

Has any PT been mentioned, have you told this to the surgeon?
I'd suggest an expert PT evaluation at the very least. If surgeon doesn't follow up.

Many nerves and such were moved around during the surgery, they can react and take time to calm down.. Hope others that had surgery can share more on that part of things..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Jeneu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote