View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:24 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

doydie,
I have been dealing with chronic pain for several years and am under Pain Management which included daily opioids, (Oxycontin) Because of this I deal with chronic constipation and the need for daily laxatives.

In Sept. of 2012, I went to the ER because I was impacted. Since I wasn't able to be cleaned out enough, I was admitted. After a few days, a GI doctor visited me encouraging me to have my first Colonoscopy since I was now cleaned out. I had been aware after the age of 50 , a Colonoscopy should be done but had ignored this wise advise.

The Colonoscopy revealed a malignant tumor at the top of the rectum. While still in the hospital, a couple of days later I had surgery. My rectum, along with a couple of feet of colon was removed. I had enough muscle remaining so the colon was attached to the **** area. At this time I do not have a colostomy. Lymph nodes tested were clean. I declined further treatment.

Although your husband's case is complicated, and of course; it would appear there is a good chance his mass is not malignant. We do what we have to and go on from there. He appears to have a good attitude, which is a "big plus".

I also deal with edema. I take a daily tablet of Spironolactone; which is potassium sparing. It really has kept my feet/ankles quite normal most of the time. Taking the Spironolactone also has helped keep my blood pressure close to normal. I was able to lower my dose of Lisinopril.

As Kitty mentioned, you need to take care of yourself first, which of course, will help you be there for your husband.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-19-2016)