View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 11:04 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Herm,

I have been an active person my entire life. Exercise, water and snow ski amongst other things...it all came to a grinding halt and I thought my life was over. I am 25 months post accident now and as active as ever with a few exceptions. Mainly that I can't exercise at previous levels Mon.-Fri. I need a day off after 3 in gym but what the heck, I can live with that.

Last year at this time I couldn't even walk 1/4 mile without terrible symptoms and it wasn't until 22 months I could tolerate some serious gym time.

I can say without a doubt that I have changed and for the better in many ways due to my accident experience. One of the biggest improvements I see is with my business. I am not afraid to say I have to think about something before a decision now and actually think I am making better decisions due to that.

Kerningz,

I did not get really bad until 6 months post accident. The first 6 months I thought healing was just like a broken bone...inconvenient but getting better. By 6 months I began to notice barely perceptible changes in thought and sleep and then WHAM!! The next 1.5 years was the toughest of my life.

Not at all saying you will be ran over like I was...just that your increasing symptoms later on in recovery is very similar to my experience.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote