View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, Doydie, it sounds like the babe was doubly Christened!

I'm just happy for you that it was possible for you to be there for it. Missing that would have been hard on your spirit.

You guys won't believe this, but I go to a year-round drive-in church! I was raised to dress for church and feel that it's a way to honor God, but when it got to be more than I could handle, I found this one. I pull into a spot and tune my radio to a closed-circuit broadcast that is done from an alter that is actually a glass-enclosed studio. In summer, it's wide open but can be closed up for winter. It's a little odd at first, but pretty cool, a lot of handicapped people love it like I do.

It's non-denom and has a good praise band that doesn't get too wild. With no sanctuary to maintain, our membership can easily stay in a budget. There is a small building used for Bible studies, after-service coffee, children's activities and administration/pastors' offices, but the bulk of the congregation rarely enters it. I don't currently feel a need for close relationships with my church family, but if I did, I know I could find it there just by naming my car.

It's pretty funny during communion or a collection when a guy in a snowmobile suit comes to your window!

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote