View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Kerningz,

Stillness was and is difficult for me too but is a necessary skill to learn and one I should have learned at 18. I'm not talking lazy, but there are times in life when being still is beneficial.

I did not think the vitamin regimine was doing much for me until I got lazy about it and that is when I could tell it had been working...it was subtle but noticeable. The changes I noticed departed with the return of vitamin discipline.

I'm still not the same person I was pre accident but I do not find anything I lack to be a detrimental problem. I have learned to stay calm, focus better and when something isn't clear I find a way to stop now and make a clear decision. I ask my sons who work for me for their input and have allowed them to make decisions, all of which really makes you better in business. I don't want to sound silly here but to sum it up some...I am missing some of who I was pre accident but my natural distaste for failure at what I do has allowed me to develope skills that I feel I should have acquired many years ago and that can't be viewed as a loss. I would go so far as to say in some ways I enjoy my life now more than before.

As far as exercise goes I had to determine what the root cause of symptoms from exercise were. Were they from the injury or the anxiety that developed from injury. I would try something and if it was to uncomfortable and what I determined to seem physical. I quit then tried a few weeks later. As I learned to identify anxiety related causes of symptoms I would push through under the premise that I would not harm myself physically and deal with the resultant rise in anxiety.

I have some small spells of a dizzy feeling that occur both random and seldom...they have not affected my ability to be stable though. I had a friend take me flying last month, my first time in a plane since my injury and all went well, no dizziness or disorientation. This winter I plan on getting back at flying, I will spend time with an instructor to check me out thoroughly.

If for some reason I can't fly again I don't seem to distraught over it..life is still fun. Sounds weird for someone who owns a flying business to say but I think God has given me peace about it either way.

I had to prioritize what I felt important to recover...activities with my grandkids such as the skiing have been in front and I have succeeded at such....flying, I've had my fun.

Take care,
Bud

Last edited by Bud; 05-19-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote