View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still crying

No change dear friends. I tried the SAMe for a week, the tears abated I thought but I swelled up like a water balloon, fluid retention they said and for me to cease tablets. I wish I could feel better about myself, I'm struggling with making the effort to go to work and get things done at home. I had a colonoscopy last week, horrid prep experience... And have got another nerve root sleeve injection on June 3rd, hopefully no complications like last time.

Before then, my brother flying in from over East for a surprise 60th birthday for him and 85th for mum. As an added and complete surprise, my Aunty 90yrs (my dads sister) and cousin & wife also 60 are flying over (from East as well but not same state as brother). My brother & wife staying with his daughter and my Cousins and Aunty are staying at mine so I'm getting the back bedrooms ready. They will be here for 5 nights. I Need to move the King single from junk storage room into the back bedroom for Aunty, my cousins will have what used to be mums room when she stayed here, nothing to do in there other than make the bed up. I've cleared and made room in the back bedroom for the bed, it used to be used by Dad when he stayed here, but after he died, we converted it to an extra sitting room, come dressing room for DB & or I. Just realised I must search the linen cupboard for the King single linen and duvets.

It should be lovely to have family, I should be feeling excited and happy. I just feel flat and drained. My cousin is a chronic pain sufferer, he gets it so there is no pressure on me to pull out the wow factor and Aunty couldn't care less if the house isn't spotless. Huge relief!

DB still disengaged, doesn't help with the ongoing dental saga $25k so far and has been stricken with bad flu this past ten days. I am worried about him, gave him a big hug today, told him I love him. Can see he is struggling. Sobriety has been maintained and next week will be a challenge, but my lovely niece specifically booked a BYO restaurant so no bar and a number of the older rellies don't drink much so it won't be awash with booze.
eva5667faliure (05-20-2016), ger715 (05-24-2016), RSD ME (01-28-2017)