View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rick,

Yea, keep the motivational yelling to a minimum if possible. Lots of air exchanges via the mouth and nose when we yell.

There is no need to use a mouthwash of any kind. Mouthwashes that kill bacteria kill all bacteria, both the good and the bad. The problem with that is the mouth needs good bacteria to help prevent cavities and gum disease. Just make sure to brush and floss your teeth thoroughly to keep the plaque down.

The gel is used immediately after the extraction of a tooth. Your situation does not warrant using the gel.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFitRick View Post
I did read that girls story and hope she's doing much better!

To clarify, I'm going to just let the OS do his thing (he's pretty legit) and then maybe re-approach VA ENT to fix the deviated septum later, as I've had that "issue" way before the tooth extraction.

The OS looked at it and was pretty confident it'll close on its own, again, I see him in 6 days for a follow-up. I'm still passing air through today, though not as easily as yesterday. I don't think all of the "motivation/yelling" from me teaching our Wed morning CF class helped with the healing process.

I'm keeping talking to a low volume, doing the usual netti pot, sinus moisturizer, flonase, mucinex-d, and have 5 more days of Amoxicillan from the VA.

Should I use mouthwash or an antiseptic? Also I read something about a "gel" to promote clotting...should I ask my OS for this? And do you think it'll close on its own?

Thanks again!!

[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote