View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 01:42 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

So, it sounds like you mean you are applying for SSDI. SSI is income for the financially destitute. SSDI is for disability. An application for SSDI automatically includes an application for SSI for those who need assistance while their SSDI application is processed.

The vast majority of SSDI applications are denied the first time. It can take a second application or even third before many get approved.

I was approved on my third application through an attorney. It took me 3 years almost to the day to get approved.

Read up on the Blue Book. You are more likely to get approved for a mental disorder rather than a neurological disorder unless you have very easy to demonstrate neurological symptoms. There is a crossover between the two.

Hopefully, your online application will get reviewed by a occupational psychologist or neuro-psychologist.

Have you had a Neuro-Psych Assessment ?

There is no reason to not hire a SSDI attorney. They get 25% of the back pay awarded up to about $6000. In my case, the final percent to the attorney was less than 10% of my back pay.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JBuckl (05-22-2016)