View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Its Saturday.....

I just realized that i havent told you guys about our trip to Florida yet!!!
We got to Nalples on a Sunday. That evening the check engine light came on so on Monday we finally got the car in to see what that was all about. Some valve that has to do with the emissions system was stuck so we got it fixed on Tuesday. We used ALOT of gas on the was there so now we know why.
We were 5 blocks from the ocean so those two days we spent at the beach. 300 and something dollars later we had our van back and went on an airboat tour of the everglades... That was so cool. We saw alligators in their natural habitat. I got some cool photos. at least i hope i did...
Rick and Scott went deep sea fishing. They didnt catch anything they could keep, but caught several smaller fish. I told Rick to be sure and give Scott some dramamine "before" they got on the boat but he didn't and poor scott spent alot of his time hurling... While the guys were fishing Rebecca and I found an outlet mall with 153 sotres in it!!!! She thought she had died and went to Heaven. We spent to much money, but i woudn't take back even one minute of the time we had together...
The last day there we went snorkeling. The boat ride out in the ocean was exhilarating. Sis and I got to stand on the bow. It was so cool....
Once we anchored the swells came in and the boat started to rock andpeople started getting sick . Sis swallowed to much ocean water from the waves crashing over us while we were snorkeling and the waves brought up quite a bit of sediment from the bottom so it was difficult to see stuff. We decided to swim back to the boat "AGAINST" the current... I'm not a strong swimmer and i DONT like water stuff so i had a difficult time getting back. I found swimming on my back was easiest. I was exhausted and Rebecca was nauseous. Once we were back on the boat (which was still rocking) we saw a shark. Not a big one, but some people still out snorkeling started to freak, and others were trying to catch it with their hands..
Sis and i got to be on the bow again going back in so that helped with her nausea. I got a whopper of a sun burn that day. I guess the salt water washed off my sunscreen. We left out on Saturday and met up with the "MOIs" in Savannah Georgia.... That was the highlight of our trip. Savannah is a beautiful place. Buildings from the 1800s, Big ole trees covering the streets... The ocean, dolphins, cobblestone streets, and little shops. We sat and watched some street performers... it was a magical evening for sure.
The MOIs are awesome people. Rick says our next big vacation will be back to Savannah. We left the next morning and got as far as Birmingham Alabama. the serpentine belt on the van was shredding. This was Sunday so on Monday morning we had just enough left to get it to a mechanic. We were on the road around noon and drove straight through as we did NOT want to say another night in a motel. We got home early Tuesday morning.
I went into work that afternoon then again on the 4th and 5th. I was off yesterday but spent it taking my FIL to the dr and doing laundry!!!!!
I'm so glad to be back home... I have such fond memories of our trip, but do not wish to do it again LOL...... I hope everybody here is doing well.
I've got another busy day ahead of me. ssssssss to the room
vicky
FeelinGoofy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote