View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First, it doesn't matter whether you have/had ADHD he could have inherited it from someone else in the family. I know this because as far as I know neither my husband or I have ADHD. And two of my three
son's have it. My youngest technically could have had it too, but with his seizures we never knew for sure. So because the medication just made his seizures worse we didn't leave him on the medication.

My son's all have either depression or anxiety. It runs in both our families. I have anxiety thanks mainly to everything that has happened in my family. I'm glad there are medications for it.

I put my son's on medication for ADHD before it was either okay or not. Only because it helped them. I let them take themselves off after they turned 18. One put himself back on for a few years later. He could tell he needed it still.

The other one is helping me make decisions on his son's medication
for ADHD. Because I take him to the doctor because he has to work.
But this 9 year old does lots better on it too.

We just switched him to intuniv I think its spelled. Its very close to Adderall which is what my son's did the best on. I already can tell he is doing lots better on this right now.

Donna

ps. Sorry for the book. But you can talk to me anytime.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-22-2016), Cblue (06-12-2016), Mari (05-22-2016), mymorgy (06-08-2016), OhKay (05-25-2016)