Old 07-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Peggy
diet really can cause digestive upsets and dogs (as well as cats) can also have allergies and food intolerances, just like us

I suspect one of our kitties to be celiac/gluten intolerant and he cant eat any of the store type petfoods. I order special stuff for him on the web

Our JR Terrier Millie had a very sensitive digestion...and skin! and could only eat very specific things..she got ill from even a tiny amount of turkey or lamb and was best with chicken and beef dried food (she couldnt handle any wet food well) and table scraps of salmon, (which she really loved)

since my kitty got so ill, and the subsequent dietary changes I have made have so improved his health, food intolerance is the first thing I consider.

hope your precious little one gets better soon. Bless you for rescuing a pet that needed a home.

ps I agree re a trip to the vet if it doesnt stop in a day or two as they can sometimes give a shot or meds to stop if it is bacterial rather than just worm stuff

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote