View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 07:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

OK so if I had a job before that I can't manage now working more than 6 hrs a week then would that qualify me? I definitely cannot work at the pace I did before this happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The threshhold is not being able to work enough to make more than $1100 per month. If you are limited to job schedules and pay that stay below that threshhold, an application would be considered.

Pace and Persistence is often a key limiting factor for people with PCS. That means we can not work at the pace/speed/intensity needed and/or work the number of continuous hours needed to sustain a job.

This is not limited to a trained or pre-existing occupation. It is that you can't find any job that you can maintain the pace and persistence needed to be employable.

Most disability is based on physical limitations, bad back, inability to sit or stand for extended periods, etc.

Cognitive and sensory limitations are more difficult to demonstrate and validate.

An important issue is to get an application started as soon as it appears working will be a challenge. They use you pay history to determine you benefit amount. If you have no work history, the monthly benefit is usually about $600. Medicare health insurance is included with SSDI after the first year. That can save $500 a month or more.

One can continue to work at reduced hours even when approved for SSDI as long as your disability prevents making more than the ~$1100 limit.
mussbsweet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote