Old 05-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Cymbalta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
I'm thinking of trying duloxetine ( cymbalta) for both pain and now awful anxiety and depression. Have any of you tried this and did you find it helpful for both the pain and depression ( for those affected by that also ).

Im taking 2700mg gabapentin and this is making me so spaced as it is - I don't want to feel worse from that perspective by adding to it.
You are taking a large amount of gabapentin. I would try getting off that stuff.
Everyone is different. Here is my experience. I have PN due to a back injury. Tried gabapentin. Made me dizzy and felt spaced out all the time. Switched to Lyrica. Same kind of feeling. Neither gave more than 10 to 20% relief. A neurologist suggested Cymbalta, 20 mg. For me this gave the same level of relief as the others with absolutely no side effects as far as I can tell. I now only take it once in a great while if the PN is getting to me. I usually attempt to ignore it. I find that one 20 mg Cymbalta seems to last 2 days. Sometimes I feel better on the second day than the first! Wierd. It also seems to help regulate urination. Wikipedia says the manufacturer tried to get FDA approval for this use but was denied. So I am not just imagining this effect. You will probably find your depression goes away by stopping the huge amount of gabapentin.
User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote