View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey mark thanks for the reply.

I guess that is pretty muddled.

And thanks for the honesty about the return to play, I often read these things and get caught up fast. You do have a point there.

As far as the nervous system stuff, I don't have it all figured or so I'll try to simplify what I am saying and if t still doesn't make sense there is a possiblity that I am also confused haha

I am working under the assumptions that are made by the doctors in this program.. that the autonomic nervous system comprises of two parts, the sympathetic nervous system and the para sympathetic nervous system and that the aerobic exercise prescribed by them is to assist the brain with re training the para sympathetic nervous system to pipe back up and control our sleep, heart rate, cerebral blood flow better. They recommend no other exercise.

But the question I have is that working out does not seem to affect me , within reason. As long as I am somewhat careful, so my theory is that by weight training earlier, my bodies response and brains response has been re trained sufficiently to allow this. As well, because it is anaerobic system my thought is that it would be the sympathetic part of the nervous system .. And that doesn't seem to be hurting for me anyway.

I am wondering, basically, am I fooling myself and it's causing damage , or is it possible that I can continue to lift weights because it's something I really enjoy and gives me something to work on...

have any of you had experience with lifting weights with the continuing of progress ?

Has anyone done this program and had a degree of success or failure

Everyone is so unique I often wonder why doctors don't take a more dynamic outlook when treating people.

I feel like the recommendations often just cover the doctors ..

Thanks again