View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 02:24 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Question Concerns with falling?

Hello, I a newbie! This is my first post. I had been a personal trainer, advanced cycle instructor for the last 25 years, I am of two teens, lol they live with dad now. I am well lost... I recently was granted fed disability and have fallen in the medical gap, a different story, I have fallen twice this month. I can't do a pushup on a wall, SO WE ALL NORMALLY STUMBLE HERE OR THERE, so when I balance myself by reaching out using my arms like against a counter, just on instinct then really fall, I broke my toe on my last little fall, Any experience with this? Falling has become of great concern! I am 49, what can I do to prevent breaking a hip in the future? I try to do rehab by Pt and on my own, YEY my EMG at last show's my nerves have regenerated but after 3 years, the muscle atrophy is the issue , common everyday independent living causes flair ups that limit me for days. Is this what you have experienced? Any advice? I am trying to survive, go back to work... it seems hard to understand right now, Doctors notes limit my, " can't reach, can't lift 2 lbs. but get back to work?? (they must protect themselves!) ooookkkkk.... I can't live on my SSDI, I make too much in Calif, lol for supplementary insurance for help. I really need some guidance. Yes, I have applied, signed up for everything you can imagine! Has anyone used the spinamed brace? pain is 24-7. Fyi the docs say I have one of 5 things but based on nerve regeneration, now retract Thoracic outlet syndrome. Yes I have every test imaginable, even genetic. UCSF head of Nuro Said Pec transfer, no way to get snaps back, then a lidacane shot at Stanford, MY ARMS WENT UP OVER MY HEAD THE NEXT DAY!! the next lidacane shot had the reverse effect. I have Bi lateral winging snaps. I was doing a fitness modeling shoot in Mexico and was swept off the rocks by waves in 2012 this blew c4/5 and cause a right side long thoracic nerve injury, after the neck surgery I was told to go back to teaching Cycle clases in 4 weeks, thats when it was clear something new was wrong with my left scapular. and on and on the story goes, like so many other I read. I DO NOT WANT TO FEAR FALLING, I want to empower myself with ideas so I can do my best to prevent them! Thank you all. any other feedback to all the above would be great!
bothscapswing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote