View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I am so happy to hear that the masses were benign. That is good news!! I will pray that the lymph nodes will have the same results.

This is major surgery and recovery can be long (3 months to feeling a little better, 6 months to a year before feeling normal again). I did not have the option of having them determine where the stoma was going to be placed as my surgery was an emergency. (Went to the ER and within a few hours had an ostomy.) Start researching supplies. If the hospital does not inform the suppliers/manufactures and request a Welcome Kit, contact them. The 3 big ones are Hollister, Coloplast, and ConvaTec. They give you samples and information in the Welcome Kit. Also, after wards, they will send you a few samples of products if you want to try them. I have tried all 3 of the big guys as well as a couple of other ones. I ended up using ConvaTec as I was not allergic to their adhesive as I was the others. They were great in working with me and sending me samples of things to try as was Coloplast. Both ConvaTec and Coloplast are so wonderful to work with and will work with you and your WCON to find a product that will work for you. Get to know your WCON as he/she will become your best friend/advocate in the future.

Please know that I continue to keep you both in my prayers. Again, if you need any advice or if there is anything I can do to help you guys out let me know.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (05-23-2016), ger715 (05-24-2016)