View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 06:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottee View Post
Did your sister have parkinsons ?
Hello Dottee,

I'm afraid I can't give you a simple answer on this. My sister's actual diagnosis was originally dystonia. (You may or may not know that dystonia can be its own entity or be a symptom of Parkinson's.) Things progressed slowly for her over time. Her symptoms (tremor, rigidity, slow movement, etc.) were made worse by Cogentin, an acetylcholine uptake inhibitor. All of her neurological symptoms were exacerbated by a toxic reaction to Cipro, a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Prior to Amino Acid Therapy, the last neurologist that my sister saw labeled her as having parkinsonism. (Her symptoms looked like late PD, with minimal ability to do anything for herself - but walking for short distances with a lot of freezing.)

Dr. Stein, the doctor with whom we have worked for the AAT/Hinz protocol, said that she would be "uncharted territory" for him - as she didn't have a diagnosis of pure PD. Evidently, in her case, as in with PD, the root cause of her symptoms was a relative nutritional deficiency with a resulting imbalance in the neurotransmitters.

Sorry if this is more than you asked for, Dottee. I just wanted to be clear that, while my sister presented as someone with PD, that was not her actual diagnosis.

Blessings,
Sue
SueC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ASUNAGULLO (09-13-2017)