View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default How do you guys deal with the general lack of social care about concussions?

So I'm about 7 months out now. I don't have a splitting headache every day, I don't feel dizzy and nauseous every second day. However if I push myself too hard I do still get headaches and feel very drained. I'm more 'functionally' ok now rather than not functioning at all. But that just in many ways makes it harder, as instead of avoiding social events you go to them, but then have to explain why you only stay an hour, not four. Or why you wouldn't drink, or go out partying afterwards.

From day 1, pretty much everyone I knew wanted to debate the legitimacy of the concussion, this even coming from family members. But even after half a year, I'm still not really noticing anyone coming around, now "you don't have a concussion" has turned to "surely you'd be better by now you just hit your head, people hit their head around the house every day". With them trying to bring their personal experience of how they smacked their head too one day and was perfectly fine.

Unfortunately this sort of attitude fills me with barely controllable rage, but I don't think I know a single person who hasn't expressed some form of it. Is this the norm for you guys? How do you deal with this?
newbie787 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
marypa (06-24-2016)