View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 01:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueC View Post
No problem! My sister had been offered Sinemet. Because of her history with meds and what we have read about the evils of Carbidopa, she opted not to take the Sinemet - not even for a challenge test. (Here's an article by Dr. Hinz: The Parkinson’s disease death rate: carbidopa and vitamin B6.) Given the truly remarkable turn around she has had using mucuna, (as part of the Amino Acid Therapy protocol,) no doubt a dopamine deficiency/imbalance was at the root of her problems. Like you said, there is no 100% accurate diagnosis.

I hope this answers your question.

Blessings to you and yours,
Sue
i think hinz is cherry picking his numbers about the increased death rate of pd'ers with the intro of sinemet. i believe that the cause of death from pd was way under reported and death was attributed to other causes, i assume there is better reporting of cause of death of pd which is why there is an increase, not the introduction of sinemet. i quote ""Mortality studies may not be suitable when investigating neurodegenerative diseases, among which PD. Data on death certificate reporting neurologic disorders are of variable quality and population-based reference rates for these specific diseases are limited (Checkoway and Eisen, 1998). There may be a considerable under-reporting of PD diagnosis on death certificates as the underlying cause of death (Phillips et al., 1999). On the other hand, as it is widely regarded that most patients with PD die of complications and not of the disease itself, the limited information available suggests that PD is nevertheless mentioned on the death certificate as a secondary cause of death (Tomenson and Campbell, 2011). "
Validity of mortality data for Parkinson’s disease

i think one has to be very skeptical of hinz's conclusions. and without carbidopa, one had to take grams of l-dopa, not milligrams, which must have made a l-dopa rx very expensive.
just my opinion.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dilmar (05-25-2016), kiwi33 (05-24-2016), lab rat (05-24-2016)