View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 04:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Does this sound familiar anyone?

Hi, I haven't been on here for some time as I kind of gave up the quest for diagnosis. My doctors recognise that I may well have mildish MG but shrug it off saying 'well, you're on the right treatment anyway' (I take 5mgs pred and 1.5g mycophenolate for lupus). Generally I function pretty well (although weak respiratory muscles inc diaphragm) unless compromised by illness etc.

Last week my dentist gave me anaesthetic containing adrenaline which is not unusual but the first time for me. My muscles over-reacted and I had about an hour or more of significant 'excitability' with racing heart and shaking muscles all over. It wore off and I thought no more about it but noticed that I was as weak as water as the day wore on. I then felt progressively less well with fatigue, weakness and shortness of breath which hasn't fully settled even 5 days later. I really have felt very debilitated and I'm interested to hear if others react like this to such an experience. I always suffer badly after shivering for any length of time which I think must be early fatiguability too.

Thanks in advance. Clare
Clareb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (05-24-2016)