View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'd like to chime in here.

I have Parkinson's (2 years diagnosed). I had taken Sinemet for most of that period (3 x 25/100, went up to 7 1/2 pills total then back down). Improved my tremor and some rigidity. In addition to pain/rigidity, I was quite fatigued and depressed.

After an unsuccessful Rytary trial, I switched to the Hinz/Stein protocol.

I take 1.2 grams of Mucuna 3 times a day. The biggest difference that I feel is no more depression, no more fatigue!! Yay!! My mood is so much better.

I still struggle with pain/dexterity on my starboard side but mostly only in the evenings. If I increase the mucuna any more, I start to feel like I have too much and feel flush/heat/discomfort/pain on both sides (same with Rytary). I think I could take 10 grams of L-dopa and I still will not fully regain the right side dexterity.

Dr. Hinz said, I am not the norm in the amount of Mucuna. Most take much more. My take on things is that people with Parkinson's are like snowflakes, we are all different. Full disclosure, I take Cannabis as well. I have taken much less since the switch but believe that it's helped with everything (it is neuro-protective) however, the change in the way I felt the day of the switch to mucuna was profound.

Socc - You have an issue with the cost of the program.. Yes, it is more expensive, but I will gladly pay to feel this much better. I am a believer in the relative nutritional deficiency of carbidopa.
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bogusia (05-24-2016), eds195 (05-24-2016), GerryW (05-24-2016), SueC (05-24-2016)