View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 12:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliePop View Post
That study compares those that take carbidopa/L-dopa in smaller amounts and greater amounts but does not make a comparison with those not taking carbidopa.

My test was not all that controlled. One day I stopped sinemet and started the protocol. The results were that I felt better, instantly, the very first day. Not perfect but drastically better. That's all that I need for proof. Some people out there might like to hear about things we try. It's anecdotal. Many people don't like anecdotal, I get that. I'm sorry that the protocol rubs you the wrong way. Pharmacies can't bottle up mucuna... it's not a drug, they can't monetize it or else they would. If CHK Nutrition gets out of hand on their prices, that would be a great time for someone else to enter the market and sell the same exact thing. They can do that since no drugs or drug patents are involved.

Unfortunately there is no magic treatment yet in the treatment of Parkinson's. This was a baby step in the right direction for me. It might not work for everyone but it did for me.

Send me your address and I'll mail you the rest of my unused Sinemet. I'll throw in a big bottle of Rytary too. I won't be taking carbidopa.
thanks for the offer but i can't accept prescription drugs from you, read the fine print on the RX label. I used to write software for pharmacies and had to design a program to print everything needed on a blank label in case the pharmacy ran out of their regular labels, it happens more often than you would expect so i just had to reply to your offer. kind of silly with pd drugs, people often try a drug, find they can't tolerate it and have extra sitting around. the real waste is in nursing homes, orders are changed all the time and drugs thrown away.

that said, i'm not knocking anecdotes, most of what gets posted here involves personal experiences. i responded mainly to the other poster's unequivocal acceptance of HINZ's claim that carbidopa increased the death rate of pd'ers. i'm really not trying to convince you to stop the HINZ protocol, it's not worth my time and i know i couldn't. as far as pharmacies selling the supps, i don't think that is necessary but HINZ probably could give you equivalent brands of his supps that you could buy much more cheaply from other sources if he wanted to.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote