Thread: Dental issues
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tom,

The dentist did not mention the irrigating syringe before now because it is BEST not to use it for the first week or two. Ideally, the sockets should be left alone so as not to disturb the initial blot clotting. However, at this stage when starchy food gets trapped in the socket it's okay to gently irrigate the socket with warm water. But please don't over due it as it will slow down the healing. I would continue with the salt water rinsing every day, twice a day for another week or so.

Yes, walking would be a great exercise for you to do. OR... forgo the golf cart, hire a caddy to carry your bag and walk the golf course!! )

Have a good night!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeputt View Post
Again thanks Bryanna. The Dentist said like you to not use a Q-tip and use a small syringe filled with warm water. He said to irrigate the food out of the socket. I have already tried it and it seems to work ok.

He said it looked good but the food was causing the pain because it has not 100 % healed yet. He was shocked on how good the other two looked. The one of the left top did not even leave a hole but he put stitches in that one.

He said they were healed up great but give the other one some time and keep it clean.

No infection and once I get it clean now the pain stops. I wonder why he didn't mention the irrigation thing before but anyway it looks like the way to go.

He told me not to use any more salt water mix, that the healing is past that ? I still may use it on the bottom right tooth though just to be safe. What you think ? maybe listen to him but I do trust your judgement also.

All three sockets are still tender but the ones on the left are great and I don't think there would be a way to mess up the clot unless I bit on a bone or something to puncture it and I will not be doing that

He said it would take a while but the hole where tooth was removed in bottom right would get better and over time the socket would fill in ?

To be honest I have been eating lots of things from a can which is not very healthy but pretty good in taste. My blood pressure has been great and this morning just for the heck of it I checked my blood sugar. It was 88. I checked @ 2 hours after eating more carbs than normal and it was 120 so things are much better than before for some reason. I know I eat a meal the other night with at least 60 carbs and in two hours again I was at 120. I am not going to bother testing for a while as the B/P and B/S seemed to be doing great. I have not even done any walking but got to get started back soon.

Tomorrow I will play golf and take some smoothies with me and maybe something else that will not get in the clot. I will not have a way other than washing with water to get food out but I think it will be fine until I get home. Again, thanks and maybe I am on the mend. Tom

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote