Old 05-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Melody, that is excellent news !
Okay, here is what happened this morning. I turned on the laptop, the lights blinked on, but I waited and I waited and NOTHING. Blank Blue Screen (I asked the Optimum Guy last night other questions and mentioned this and he explained that when you first turn on a computer it has to load all the drivers and sometimes it takes longer.

So this morning, I turned it on, WAITED, got a blank blue screen, hit the power button, held it down so it would turn off. Waited a while, hit the power button again, knowing it would prompt me to do the Safe Mode thing, I selected Safe mode and then hit restart and it's fine.

Made a video just to show you what happened. I'd like to know (before I bring this back to the computer guy, if any of you know what I can do to avoid all this safe mode stuff. I just want to turn it on and have it boot up to Windows 7. Oh, one more thing. Yesterday I knew I would be away for an hour so I hit the sleep mode. When I came back and touched the touch pad on the keyboard, I got a screen that said 'Owner has locked, then another choice was "switch users"

I just selected "owner has locked" and my Windows 7 desktop screen popped up.

So here's the video I made this morning and if anyone has any clue what I can do. (see I am still learning all this cool stuff). It's amazing that at 68 I even know what the h I am doing, as all my friends have no computers, no tablets, and I'm lucky if they even have a cell phone. lol

YouTube

Thanks much. Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote