View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 01:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey Bud,

I've also been experiencing a pretty stiff and uncomfortable neck basically all the time. I crack my neck multiple times per hour. Is this because of the lack of physical movements or because of the injury (an SUV trunk's hinges were broken slammed my head)? Also, does this pain in my neck have any chance of hindering my feeling process/giving me symptoms? I just want to be able to figure out everything and It seems your process is very similar to mine and at 18 I'd love to get a more wise man's opinion and knowledge to help lead me back to health. Thanks Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Kerningz,

Stillness was and is difficult for me too but is a necessary skill to learn and one I should have learned at 18. I'm not talking lazy, but there are times in life when being still is beneficial.

I did not think the vitamin regimine was doing much for me until I got lazy about it and that is when I could tell it had been working...it was subtle but noticeable. The changes I noticed departed with the return of vitamin discipline.

I'm still not the same person I was pre accident but I do not find anything I lack to be a detrimental problem. I have learned to stay calm, focus better and when something isn't clear I find a way to stop now and make a clear decision. I ask my sons who work for me for their input and have allowed them to make decisions, all of which really makes you better in business. I don't want to sound silly here but to sum it up some...I am missing some of who I was pre accident but my natural distaste for failure at what I do has allowed me to develope skills that I feel I should have acquired many years ago and that can't be viewed as a loss. I would go so far as to say in some ways I enjoy my life now more than before.

As far as exercise goes I had to determine what the root cause of symptoms from exercise were. Were they from the injury or the anxiety that developed from injury. I would try something and if it was to uncomfortable and what I determined to seem physical. I quit then tried a few weeks later. As I learned to identify anxiety related causes of symptoms I would push through under the premise that I would not harm myself physically and deal with the resultant rise in anxiety.

I have some small spells of a dizzy feeling that occur both random and seldom...they have not affected my ability to be stable though. I had a friend take me flying last month, my first time in a plane since my injury and all went well, no dizziness or disorientation. This winter I plan on getting back at flying, I will spend time with an instructor to check me out thoroughly.

If for some reason I can't fly again I don't seem to distraught over it..life is still fun. Sounds weird for someone who owns a flying business to say but I think God has given me peace about it either way.

I had to prioritize what I felt important to recover...activities with my grandkids such as the skiing have been in front and I have succeeded at such....flying, I've had my fun.

Take care,
Bud
kerningz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote