Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It's been quite awhile since I've posted any updates. I apologize as I was hoping to post regularly as both a journal and a case study.

In general things have changed very slow or often, but I have something I'd like to share. I often hear that neuropathy improves or changes very slowly. I'd have to say that in general my "good days" have been better and more often.

I still can't pin point and cause or effect. It's maddening to have "good days" followed by "bad days" when you have no idea what the reason is.

Yesterday I had quite a bit of pain. Standing and walking were very uncomfortable. It's usual so while it took a toll on me physically and mentally, it's not something I'm not accustomed to.

Well today was a great day and I don't know why. If I did I'd do whatever it took to feel this way I'd do it everyday. I don't expect to feel this way tomorrow as I rarely string together multiple days being pain free.

As a result I did everything I could that required being on my feet. I played with my kids and did as many chores around the house as I could fit in.

It's definitely a mind trip to go back and forth between hope and despair as the pain waxes and wanes without notice. I try to stay strong as thoughts of despair consume my mind. I don't know if i'll ever get back to normal. It's been almost 3 years and while the neuropathy has improved noticeably, it's hard to believe i'll ever feel normal again.

I still check on the board once a week or so to see how people are doing. Stay strong. It's hard. I know. I struggle everyday and I know how hard it is to push on. Let's fight this disease together. One day we'll have a way to combat this, or at least manage this. Thank you all for your involvement on this board, it is more valuable than you know to fellow members.

Sorry if this post seems to rambles on. I jhave so much going through my head that it's hard to put into words. Goodnight all!!
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Healthgirl (05-26-2016), indigo (05-26-2016), KnowNothingJon (05-26-2016), midori (05-26-2016), MikeK (05-26-2016), mrsD (05-26-2016), northerngal (05-26-2016), onlyhuman (10-12-2016), pinkynose (05-27-2016), St George 2013 (05-26-2016)