View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 05:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't show up in the forum the last day or two, and missed this on my birthday. I was having to play chauffeur to my parents that day.

I did do something interesting that day. I went to the Apple Store. I was going to buy a new iPad. (my oldest iPad apparently just died of old age the day before). I had to park in a spot that was pretty far from the Apple Store in the open air mall that it's in. They were doing a lot of construction there, and had closed down a lot slot of handicap spots, and then had their construction equipment all parked in the other handicap spots that were closer to the Apple Store.

Walking in wasn't bad, because it was kind of downhill a bit. But, then I spent like an hour and a half in there looking at the iPads, and the Apple Watch. I couldn't decide what to buy, so I basically did all that walking for nothing.

I did get to do something that I'd been wanting to do. I'd been wanting to actually look at the Apple Watch. Something that I couldn't really imagine what they were like from just looking at them on the internet. I very nearly bought one. Couldn't decide between the iPad or the Watch. So, I decided to go home, and think about it. So I had to do the loooooooooooooooooong <bad swear word> back to the car...and the through that construction on the street in front of the store.

The walk nearly killed me, and I'm suffering for it today. I really should have bought something that day. Reward myself for having made the walk in. I'm going to either go back later today after I wake up. (it's almost 6am. I need to go to sleep), and maybe buy that iPad I wanted to get. Either that, or I'll wait till later today, and just buy the iPad off of Apple's website, and wait for it to be shipped here.

But, at least I was actually able to sort of pretend that I'm almost normal, and could go shopping. (I had to use the walker, and having to use the walker again now, because something about that long walk messed me up, and using the cane is kind of not a good idea right now)

So, I'm getting another new iThing very soon. My room looks like an Apple Store display. I might be having a little funeral for my oldest iPad...poor thing couldn't handle the stress anymore. I'm kind of sad about that. I'm going to have to abandon a really good Game of War game because of that.

Thanks for remembering my birthday...wish I'd been able to get in here that day to read the messages then.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-26-2016), tkrik (05-26-2016)