View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:31 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Melody, a "blank blue screen", sometimes called the Blue Screen Of Death is not a good sign.

Getting a BSOD often usually suggests a hardware problem.

The info here about Safe Mode might help; What is safe mode? - Windows Help in terms of trouble-shooting.

As Jo*mar has implied, maybe (if funds allow) the time has come to think about a new machine?
Cant afford a new anything. All money goes to Alan'd copays, bills, etc. We owe from all the hospitalizations from last year. It is what it is. Alan could have died ladt eeek from food poisoning. Thank god I had activated charcoal in the house. But to be alone in NYC with no one to call and he was so dehydrated, well I just cant put us in that situation again.

But he is fine , eating me out of house and home.

Anyway I have a quedtion. My laptop worked fine last night. Was able to watch movies. Vifro quslity was exceptional. This morning it turned on just fine. I am not home now so I am on my Kindle Fire. Here's my situation. I use my laptop as a desktop. No battery. Been doing thid for three years.

With no problem. I never touch the charger. Last night after watching videos, i touched the charger, it was hot (the brick part I mean) not the eires coming out of each end of the brick. I went online and it seels people attach fans to the charger so it doesnt overheat. I have a bettrr idea. I have lots of those frozen ice packs in my freezer. Cant i take one, wrap in a towel, place brick on to so it stays cool. It would not get wet at all. What do you all think?

Thanks so much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote