View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 10:36 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Went back to computer guy. Told him of my concern with the hot brick thing. He laughed, told me to touch all the bricks connected to all the laptops he was either repairing/upgrading.

All were HOT.

So......I have asked many people who have laptops. Same thing.

Oh, I discovered one thing. It gets hotter if I'm watching a video than let's say I am on here posting.

Oh boy, the stuff I continue to learn about the computing world.

lol

Thanks so much for all your help.

Oh, get this. the computer guy hooked up this AWESOME mouse to my laptop. I normally use a cordless mouse. Works fine.

Left it home because he has all these mice in his stable of hardware.

He takes out this red powerhouse of a mouse with all the side things on it. I said OMG, that's a mouse?" He laughed and said 'Oh, that belongs to my son, he's a gamer"

I said "I bet he has an Alienware computer'

the guy just looked at me as if to say "how the h does she know about Alienware?"

Then when I showed him videos of why I brought back the laptop, (it kept indicating I had no internet acess when I WAS ON THE INTERNET). I wanted to prove to him that I was indeed on the internet even though on the bottom right when I right clicked it said "connected" and then underneath my wi fi name it said 'no internet access'

The guy looked at me and said (in a low, slow, voice like when people are talking to OLD peopld), he said "You do know that you can tell you are on the internet by looking at the bottom right of the screen"

I looked at him and said "Fool, I've been doing computers for 35 years, seriously?????"

He looked at me and said "OH"

rofl.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote