Thread: Duloxetine
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 03:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User View Post
You are taking a large amount of gabapentin. I would try getting off that stuff.
Everyone is different. Here is my experience. I have PN due to a back injury. Tried gabapentin. Made me dizzy and felt spaced out all the time. Switched to Lyrica. Same kind of feeling. Neither gave more than 10 to 20% relief. A neurologist suggested Cymbalta, 20 mg. For me this gave the same level of relief as the others with absolutely no side effects as far as I can tell. I now only take it once in a great while if the PN is getting to me. I usually attempt to ignore it. I find that one 20 mg Cymbalta seems to last 2 days. Sometimes I feel better on the second day than the first! Wierd. It also seems to help regulate urination. Wikipedia says the manufacturer tried to get FDA approval for this use but was denied. So I am not just imagining this effect. You will probably find your depression goes away by stopping the huge amount of gabapentin.
Hi User,

Thankyou for replying. I agree, the gabapentin dose is hefty. I was actually taking 3600mg but managed to wean down to 2700mg. I still experience significant pain and discomfort often despite this. I am terrified of what symptoms I will feel if I reduce the dose. I already fel like the medication is not enough to help me cope with the physcial pain. As you experienced, the gabapentin side effects are hard to tolerate. I am like a zombie and it is hell waking up every morning for my little boy. I have to lay there for about 30 to 45 minutes to come round. It is truly horrible but my options are limited at the moment.

It is really interesting to hear your experiences of duloxetine! Everyone has had such different experiences with this. I think it is great you arent taking gabapentin. It is a bummer to be stuck on this so if you really dont have to Id say that is for the best. Thankyou for the info, it is all really helpful.
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote