Thread: first
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 07:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default first

Yesterday I took the bus, which is actually a van, that is transportation for our small town, as my car is broken, to the nursing home to see my dad. It was a first for me, this bus, and a little scary. I always worry that I will get into a situation that I can not physically handle with my RSD foot and bad back.

They had a ramp for me to walk up instead of steps into the van. I took one look at the steps and how high that van seat was, there was no way I could do that.

Another first I wanted to try was to go in the back door and up the elevator as the last time he was there, for a very short stay, I really hurt my hip, back and foot going up this long ramp.

There was a back door to the service elevator marked employees only at the back of the nursing home, as I arrived two employees were coming out, one took me to the elevator, and all the way to my dads room as I did not know where it was, or how far it would be. The employees were all so helpful. When I went to leave another employee entered the code in the elevator for me, that was another one of my concerns, a lot of unknowns. It was a lot of walking, and I was tired and hurting when I got home.

I was so happy to be able to see him, as he had just went into the nursing home. It is so sad for me, to see him there, and I was so happy to see he was better than I thought he might be. He was so glad to see me.

There were kind people, willing to help me every step of the way. It was a good experience, thanks for letting me share it with you.

wow a good experience yesterday and another good one today. It is so important for me to give value to the good experiences and build on them.

I want to thank you Catra, you inspired me to share the good.
:-)
peace
zinnia
zinnia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (05-29-2016), birchlake (06-10-2016), catra121 (05-29-2016), DejaVu (06-13-2016), ger715 (05-28-2016), RSD ME (05-31-2016), St George 2013 (06-08-2016)