View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I don't think the collar is any help unless you wear it 24/7. The issue is to avoid straining the neck ligaments so they can heal and tighten. It take 6 weeks without any strain on the ligaments for them to start to heal and strengthen.

What does the chiro do each time before doing the adjustment ? How does he know you need more adjustment and angle ?

What is it like when you wake up ? Are some mornings better than others ?

A digital motion x-ray would be taken with you moving your head during the x-ray. You would do a prescribed series of head forward and head back, etc. as the motion x-ray is taken. I doubt a chiro would have the system to do it.

Atlas is just a cervical vertebra than needs to be working properly. If the Atlas chiro has you scared, I would find a different chiro. Some believe the Atlas controls the whole body. They may have waiting room videos and pamphlets that over emphasize the Atlas to keep patients paying for more treatments.

The problem with Atlas and such is the inflammation that can be caused by injuries there. This inflammation can reduce vertebral blood flow and cause muscle spasms that cause headaches. It can also interrupt the autonomic nervous system when inflamed.

Have you been doing any icing ? The Vitamins sticky has a recipe for home made crushable ice packs. Make 3 so you alwys have one ready.

Do you have a good recliner to sit in an use an ice pack ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote