View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you so much ladies. Yes, his surgery was last Friday and this is Sunday. i carry my iPad in my bag and I have never tried to log on with my iPad anywhere and when we have been getting home it's straight to bed. Everything is progressing well and I got a good night's sleep last night. My daughter went straight to bed tonight since she has a 3 hour drive after spending tomorrow morning so here I am trying to catch up with life; I had dozens of new emails. I think it was some one here that gave me the link to Spirit which has many medical forums. I have posted there and haven't really had time to look to see if there are any answers. I have just had the iPad and today the free wi-fi was shot.

So, here i am. Surgery went well. The only thing that caused any problems was the amount of fat he had to cut to get to the colon. I guess this is old fat since with the ulcerative colitis he has trimmed down a lot. Now that is something he needed to do anyway but not the way he did. It is the tiniest incision. ONe of the nurses asked if it was done laporascopically. I have no idea how in the world the could pull out all of those feet of the large intestine through a scope but it is tiny. His but incision is giving his the most grief. He really started to produce stuff through the stoma and the nurse and I were emptying it this afternoon and I got a good look at his face as he could smell it. This nurse has never put a bag on and I was giving her some tips. It is the most awkward way to empty it also.

Yesterday his urine output was real low but they got that taken care of. Tomorrow the pain pump will go. The on call surgeon said discharge on Tuesday but the nurse reminded him that the ostomy nurse has also ahd a 3 day weekend so we have not been taught anything at all. So it more than likely will be wednesday. I have the first appointment with my dentist on Thursday to make impressions for a partial so if needed my youngest daughter would stay with him until I got home.

I am tired but it is nothing like last year when he had meningitis. This time I am in my nursing mode. Last year everyday was panic mode. Daughter going home tomorrow. When my 2 girls get together you never know what antics will happen so I gave them money and told them to get out and come back in an hour. DH and I had a very restful hour and it helped my sanity.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-29-2016), NurseNancy (06-01-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016), tkrik (05-31-2016)