View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
You're required to file for SSDI due to your LTD policy, correct?

It'll be difficult to be approved prior to having a diagnosis, but by the time you end up at an ALJ hearing, hopefully you'll have that diagnosis.

Most insurance companies will cover the cost of your representation. They often prefer that you use the service they choose, but if you read the fine print of your policy, you can generally hire whomever you wish. If you go with an attorney, you don't really need to sign until the ALJ stage. If you go with a non attorney rep they will often be more hands on from the start, so you could sign with them as early as you wish.

You need to be aware that the standard is if you can work at the SGA level(Significant Gainful Activity is $1130 per month in 2016) performing any job, not just your prior work. So you'll need to prove you're incapable of even unskilled, sedentary work.
I met with both doctors who are completing the LTD paperwork and are helping me complete the SDI paperwork. The diagnosis are peripheral nueropathy in both legs/feet and hands/arms (carpal tunnel?), migraines. They both agree I cannot work and unsure if/when I will be able to return. Praying that I can get through this.
Thank you for your reply
Pika428 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote