View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

If you shop for a new tree, take your time and get one that your cats can climb easily and sleep on.

The best of our 3 trees has a spiral curved ledges that are easy for an older cat to manage as steps.

We had two very old cats who could manage this type:
New Cat Condos 33" Cat Perch & Reviews | Wayfair

Our tree is similar with 2 higher curved platforms.

The tree should also be firm and not rickety...they may not use it if it moves too much.

I bought one just like ours for our son when he moved to his new home a few years ago. He put it in a dark corner, and the cats never used it. I was visiting one day and noticed and suggested he put it in a window and now his cats are in it all the time.

This is a photo of our tree.... showing the top 3 ledges. Our cats spend alot of time in this tree...it makes them feel safe too.
Attached Thumbnails
i have been worried about pudge again-weezie-maya-tree-10-26-12-010-jpg  

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 05-30-2016 at 10:11 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-30-2016), Kitty (05-30-2016), Mari (05-30-2016), OhKay (05-31-2016)