View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 12:13 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymedid View Post
so it's been a bit more than a month out since surgery and I am feeling really good. I have my bad days, but the good far out weigh the bad! I am working on getting off the meds by weening off and so far it's been a success. I can't wait to not be on anything any more.

I still use my shower chair for safety and for help as standing in the shower can be tough for some reason. I am no longer using the walker, but still use my cane. I usually use the electronic wheelchairs in the stores.

I still can't walk through the stores or walk for long distances at all. I am working on that.

I start physical therapy next week and can't wait. I know it will be painful at times, but as my PT always said (going back to the one I had before) "Pain never killed anyone". He is understanding of my limits, though.

Ummm, I can't think of any other things to update, but if you have questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the update.
Seems everything is coming along very well. Good that you are weening down from the meds. I wished I had tried harder to get off of them.

The one thing that was very different for me was the use of the brace. I was told to use it for six months which I did. It was always a good reminder about bending. Not sure if wearing the brace made a difference; but did not need a cane or the use of a chair in the stores.( I did not use the brace when I went to sleep at night.)

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
onlymedid (06-05-2016)