View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGirl2016 View Post
Hi Kiwimike,

I am booked for Spinal Fusion (L4/5) in 2 weeks time and am doing some research and freaking out at the same time. Your story was very encouraging and comforting to read. How are you doing these days? Are you still happy with the outcomes of your operation? I'm a triathlete and really worried I will be limited post recovery but I have heard of some real success stories about people getting back into the sports they love. Would love to hear from you!
Hey AussieGirl,

Sorry i didn't reply sooner, i don't always get the emails to say that someone has posted on this thread, to answer your question im doing great!...no issues, i still hit the gym and play football, life is good. Again im not 100% or as i was when i was 18, i still get stiff and sore from exercise, but i think thats more to do with crossing over 40 now...lol...i also go to a Military fitness evening twice a week and have no troubles with that (running and lifting) im guessing you have had your op now and are on the mend, let me know how your doing and if you have anymore questions...im celebrating my 10 year anniversary this December!...crazy to think that its been 10 years since the op....all the best and make sure you take it easier and listen to your body, don't be to keen to be up and jumping around...walking is great, just alittle, then a little further each day and so on.

Cheers
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote