View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 01:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Considering the ER/Urgent Care

Hello,

I was diagnosed with CRPS of the right upper extremity following surgery to remove an extra first rib, it was compressing the nerves going into my arm. Ever since I have extreme sensitivity to touch, near constant burning/tingling, numbness, and crushing pain from my neck to my fingertips. I also have arthritis in my right shoulder and Carpal Tunnel (I had to Google Carpal Tunnel. Recently I was discharged from the Army for the CRPS and have since transitioned to the VA, let's just say the rumors about how bad it is are true. 😡 My PCM said she could not fill my Lyrica prescription because the VA Doesn't carry it (lie) I went to urgent care and got it through the mail order pharmacy. However, I'm almost out and she still refuses to refill the prescription or do anything else... She had the nerve to tell me that the VA has no pain management system! I'm in the middle of a severe flare up right now, it's been about 2 weeks. It's getting to the point where I can feel the burning down my back and up the side of my face into my scalp. It's awful. I just don't know what to do right now. I'm considering going to the urgent care or even the ER but I'm afraid they're just going to look at me like I'm stupid and just trying to get pills , definitely not the case.... Anyone have any advice on what might help or what to say to help the doctors understand and help me??

Thank you in advance for any advice.
KWhalen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (06-06-2016)