View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back Again, its been a while.

Howdy friends, I hope all are well and hanging in there,etc. I haven't posted or even logged in for a while , I couldn't even remember my password. Couldn't be age, could it? Nawwww...

If you don't remember my story or are new here, briefly, I was diagnosed with PN in January, 2013. I quit drinking then, and only had a brief change of mind for a few months, the gory details are enumerated in previous posts if you are bored and want to check it out. Anyway, I have gotten steadily worse the entire time, despite almost complete abstinence during that time. My Neurologist and GP now think I just have Idiopathic PN, they haven't experienced someone with a slow and gradual, but persistent worsening of symptoms in the absence of alcohol. I think they are wrong , but whatever...I do know that the list of medicines that contribute to PN continues to grow, unfortunately, and I have used about 5 of them....antibiotics (yes, antibiotics), statins, a preventative TB medicine, etc, etc, etc....So if one mixes all that stuff with even a modest amount of alcohol, I suppose it's a wonder we don't see even more PN. Yikes. On the good news front , you may know that VM202 is in Phase 3 trials for this crap and looks good. It just received "fast track" approval for Lou Gerhigs disease so with any luck, we should have this option soon. I think it is discussed elsewhere on this site, a quick search will get you the news otherwise. Hope all are doing well!! (oh, I just started Gabapentin, so far so good.)
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (06-01-2016), mrsD (06-01-2016), Wide-O (06-01-2016)