View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

http://products.sanofi.us/toujeo/toujeo.pdf

Above is the link for dosing of Toujeo.

It states that there are 300 units per ml in a 1.5 ml prefilled pen.

It also states that the dosing for a patient already having used insulin would be the same as that for their long-acting insulin, like Lantus or Levemir.

Another mention is that patients may need a higher dosage of Toujeo than with Lantus. Titration to be utilized. In one of the studies, patients basal insulin need with Toujeo was 11% more than with LANTUS.

So, bottom line, personally, I am still confused but it appears that what you were told by both your pharmacist and your physician is the same as what is stated in the dosing information provided by the mfg.

When it comes to "measurements", I am a total idiot. I don't know a unit from a ml so maybe that is why it is still confusing to me.

My doctor tells me what to dial up on my pens and that is all I know. How that translates is a mystery to me as far as ml so I am sorry I am not much help. He also said NOT to go by any markings on the side of the pen, just use the amount dialed up prior to injection.

This is the reason I went with pens and not with a vial and syringes. Well, that and my BAD eyesight. The pens are just so easy and convenient. No calculating involved. Glad I don't have to administer any injectable medications to others like nurses have to do. Much too easy to make a mistake and move a decimal or add a zero and you have overdosed someone.

Sorry I am of no help here. Thank goodness my doc has brains and figures this out for me.

Last edited by Hopeless; 06-01-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote