View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 05:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjanti View Post
Hello all

I had a cervical spine MRI and something weird happen, I got electric current feeling that was a bit painful, but didn't want to panic and let it happen for a while so they can finish the exam. I aksed the tech and she said it must be subjective, well guess what, it's not, it's called Peripheral nerve stimulation during MRI
Peripheral nerve stimulation during MRI: effects of high gradient amplitudes and switching rates. - PubMed - NCBI
Fair enough, wasn't fun but I survived. The problem is my nerves are still irritated, from time to time I feel a bit of that current in my hands, just obviously not that intense.
Called my neuro and she said it's in my head as MRI machine doesn't work like this...time to change the neuro I think, the link I provided clearly explains it's actual physical phenomena
But now I'm freaking out that something happen to my nerves for good, why is this feeling proceeding after MRI?
Anybody has any experience? According to those studies it should only happen during the exam and it's harmless, but mine is still going...it's a rare phenomena and I'm not sure who to consult or just let it go...
If there was contrast, there is sometimes a metal based medium used.
There is some research now going on with this.
Don't have articles.
Will be hard to prove, since there is liability.
This medium can cause kidney problems.
Hope you are better soon
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote