View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 07:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 7 Months In

I agree - we just can't give up trying to find a cause. I had sudden onset of polyneuropathy after many years of very mild toe tingling. I met with a neuro who said that Guillan Barre - or some form of the condition is the number one cause of idiopathic PN. And, that the markers for the disease don't show up in blood serum or in spinal fluid after the acute period. So, if you are not tested in the first 4 to 8 weeks you likely will not have abnormal levels to get a diagnosis of CIPD or CIP or any of the alphabet soup of related neuro diseases.

My only abnormal tests are two EMG's for the Idio PN diagnosis. Two neuro's are just taking their time, but this new Neuro is willing to give me IVIG. He is not certain that it will help at this point. I should have had the treatment initially, but I was told to "come back in a year" by the first Neuro that saw me after the abnormal EMG.

Fingers are crossed - my symptoms are full body and I'm on heavy meds to control pain - especially in legs. I walk at around .0001 mile an hour ... this has been life changing and not in a good way.

BUT - I'm not going to accept this ... I'm going to keep trying! I hope the IVIG will work even tho it's late in the game.
rec60661 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote