View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Grand Magnate

8 yr Member
Grand Magnate

8 yr Member

The above link is interesting. I think that its comments about nutrient-deficient soils are very sensible.

However, in my view it makes a number of sweeping statements which would have been strengthened with links to evidence that people can check out for themselves.

Also, I think that some statements in it are misleading.

Some examples:

"Pharmaceutical Drugs -- this is too vast to go into, suffice it to say all drugs deplete the body of a vast amount of nutrients."
Is there any evidence for this claim?

"Radiation - any type of electromagnetic (EMF) frequency has an effect on the bodies ability to absorb and assimilate minerals."
Which electromagnetic frequencies - radio, microwave, infra-red, visible, ultra-violet...? What is the evidence for this claim?

" the body needs appropriate stomach acid in order to break down minerals, namely calcium"
I don't understand what "break[ing] down minerals" means.

"Birth Control Pills -- deplete magnesium and zinc, along with numerous other vitamins."
Magnesium and zinc are not vitamins. Is there any evidence for this claim?

"Sugar - for every molecule of sugar our bodies use 54 molecules of magnesium to process it."
Mg2+ is, in various ways, needed for glucose metabolism. However, it is not "use[ed]" in this process - it remains available.

"Excess Insulin- causes calcium to be retained by the body through re-absorption by the kidneys."
Is there any evidence for this claim?

Last edited by kiwi33; 06-02-2016 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Clarity.
kiwi33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (06-02-2016), DejaVu (06-15-2016)