View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both for your input.

He had all the normal burning/tingling/shooting pain which started in his feet and legs and has now progressed to his hands. He is on heavy medication for that (Fentanyl). He does take the recommended supplements.

Initially all blood work was normal. In 2009 his C-Reactive was 9 with a glucose tolerance test of 9.1. All further Glucose tests have been normal with the last one 6 months ago being 5.6. I'm not sure anyone has tested the C-Reactive again.

In 2012 he was diagnosed with ventricular tachycardia caused by low blood volume, quickly followed (a month apart) by sleep apnea and almost non existent thyroid levels. He is on meds for that.

He frequently gets dizzy on standing or bending over, and sweats profusely on his upper body while doing nothing, even in Winter.

He also periodically gets areas of a weeping rash on his lower legs which about 10 years ago was diagnosed as "an allergy"? Cortisone cream seems to clear it up, and he is left with a dark area almost like a bruise where the rash was. He doesn't "heal" well - had an abscess which he was eventually hospitalized for because it would not heal.

He has never had an EMG or spinal fluid test to my knowledge.

I'm definitely going to push him to see another neuro and ask for specific tests based on the information we have gained from this terrific site.

Linda
Lindyloowho1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote