View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
My pharmacy records show 5 x 3ml meaning 5 pens with 3ml each. So my info above saying 300 ml is STILL probably NOT accurate. See why I am not a pharmacist??? I would have to get this stuff straight or I would be responsible for a lot of deaths due to medication errors.

Okay!!!! I returned to Walgreens and told my story about Toujeo. I then told her to go on the internet so she could be as confused as we all were.

She did. She came back and said "I can see why everyone is confused, let me do some phone work and some digging and I'll get back to you".

I continued my shopping at Walgreens, I was summoned to the front desk and the pharmacist said and I quote"

"Okay, we have some answers. The dosage is 1 to 1 that meaning, if you took 20 units of Lantus, you take 20 units of Toujeo".

I then said "But it's concentrated, right?"

She replied "Yes, it's concentrated but it's all in the delivery" "When you press down and deliver the dosage, the pen gives you the equivalent of the 20 units"

I said 'The pen knows how to do that?"

She replied "that's how the pen was designed, to re-configure the amount, when you press down the plunger and give yourself the insulin. Because it's concentrated, they configured the pen that way"

So again....I said to her. "So if I give myself 20 units and night and 20 units in the morning with the insulin I am presently using, I do the same thing with the Toujeo (what is exactly what the other pharmacist and my doctor said)>

She said "Exactly".

I looked her in the face and said "IF YOU THINK I'M GOING TO TAKE YOUR WORD AND GIVE MYSELF THE SAME AMOUNT, YOU ARE CRAZY, I'LL START WITH 10 AND WE'LL SEE".

She burst out laughing.

So when Melody is ready to be a guinea pig, Melody will update all of you.

Presently I am using Levimir

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote